Photos from the 2015 Easter fishing competition.[envira-gallery id=”483″]
Easter Saturday – 4th April
All decisions of the organising committee are final all matters.
- Fishing will commence 7.00am on Saturday & end at 3.45pm (or may be extended to Sunday if weather unsuitable). Weigh in will be from 2.30pm to 4.30pm. Competition must run for at least 2 hours to be deemed a competition.
- Fishing will be with rods and reels. No Kontikis, kites, nets, spear guns or long lines are permitted.
- Fishing is permitted in an area from Oraro Spy Glass due East (true) to sea to the Hapuku river mouth due East (true) out to sea.
- Cheating results in disqualification. Before you begin fishing make sure that you are clear on all the rules.
- Channel VHF 60 [International] is the official radio call station.
- All fishing prize winners are determined by measured weight and tournament organizers have final decision.
- If two or more fish of equal weight become eligible for any prize then a draw will determine the winner.
- All winners must be on hand at prize giving. If not present then prize will be redrawn.
- You can enter one category only; Fishing or Dive. And one category only in dive; Free dive or Scuba.
- Entries will be capped so first in.
- Any fish may only be entered in one category.
- In the event of bad weather it will be held on the Sunday.
- All boats must leave a completed information form with organizers prior to fishing. NO NUMBER ISSUED – NO FISHING.
- All boats must carry a lifejacket for each crew member on board and a safety check will be carried out with a prize draw for safe vessels (the more safety features the more entries –judges decisions are final). Vessels under 6m lifejackets must be worn.
- No vessels over 8m (stem to stern length) are permitted on the Club’s South Bay ramp. Boats over 8m entered in the competition may use public ramp (free of charge).
Fish Species, Catch Limits & Size
If you have any queries regarding regulation please contact your local MFish Fisheries Officer.
All fish must be of legal size and each angler is must abide by the MFish Fisheries regulations.
To ensure they only take the vessel out in conditions that are appropriate to both the type of vessel and your own skill level. Safety of vessel and crew are the responsibility of the skipper. Skipper must report in when landing.
Weigh in will be by the South Bay Boat Club Ramp.
Prize giving at South Bay Trotting Club and opens at 4pm. Prizes allocated from 5.30pm
NOTE: If cancelled 100% refund
Environment Canterbury sponsored Safe Boating prize – Waterproof hand held radio.
Ecan Boating Safety Enforcement Officers will be randomly selecting contestants arriving back to shore who are complying with the 5 knot rule along with lifejacket rules. These selected boats will go in the draw for the prize. We strongly advise all skippers get familiar with both sets of rules before entering the competition proper.”[gview file=”http://d39kmduo8rz6ud.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/18113632/2015-kaikoura-boat-club-fishing.pdf”]