Fishing contest in April 2012
Easter Saturday – 7th April
Lots of sponsorship, great prizes – worth about $18,000
Note rules below – particularly rule 9 (No charter vessels) and rule 15 (8m vessel length limit).
Entry Fees: Boat $20, plus Adults $20 and children $10 – send payment by cheque to :
Kaikoura Boating Club
P.O. Box 98
or by bank transfer to our bank account: 03 1586 0003851 00
with your skipper’s name as reference, and “contest” as the code.
Get your entry in NOW!!!
If you leave your entry to the day, then we can only take cash or cheque.
Please complete and Email entry form to us, or download and complete the poster /entry form.
All decisions of the organising committee are final all matters.
- Fishing will commence 7.00am on Saturday 7 April 2011 & end at 3.45pm (or may be extended to Sunday 8th if weather unsuitable). Weigh in will be from 2.30pm to 4.30pm.
- Fishing will be with rods and reels. No Kontikis, kites, nets, spear guns and long lines are not permitted.
- Fishing is permitted in an area from Oraro Spy Glass due East (true) to sea to the Hapuku river mouth due East (true) out to sea.
- Cheating results in disqualification. Before you begin fishing make sure that you are clear on all the rules.
- Channel VHF 60 [International] is the official radio call station.
- All fishing prize winners are determined by measured weight and tournament organizers have finaldecision.
- If two or more fish of equal weight become eligible for any prize then a draw will determine thewinner.
- All winners must be on hand at prize giving. If not present then prize will be redrawn.
- Charter Boats are not permitted.
- Entries will be capped so first in.
- Any fish may only be entered in one category.
- In the event of bad weather it will be held on the Sunday 8th April.
- All boats must leave a completed information form with organizers prior to fishing. NO NUMBERISSUED – NO FISHING.
- All boats must carry a lifejacket for each crew member on board and a safety check will be carriedout with a prize draw for safe vessels (the more safety features the more entries – judges decisions are final). Vessels under 6m lifejackets must be worn.
- No vessels over 8m (stem to stern length) are permitted on the Club’s South Bay ramp. Boats over 8m entered in the competition may use public ramp (free of charge).
Fish Species, Catch Limits & Size
1. If you have any queries regarding regulation please contact your local MFish Fisheries Officer. 2. All fish must be of legal size and each angler is must abide by the MFish Fisheries regulations.
To ensure they only take the vessel out in conditions that are appropriate to both the type of vessel and your own skill level. Safety of vessel and crew are the responsibility of the skipper. Skipper must report in when landing.
Weigh in will be by the South Bay Boat Club Ramp.
Prize giving at South Bay Trotting Club and opens at 4pm. Prizes allocated from 5.30pm NOTE: If cancelled 100% refund